Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Button Cake - a quick and easy celebration cake


This button cake was easy and fun to make. I started with a selection of our buttons moulds and made rainbow coloured buttons using Satin Ice fondant to which I added a little tylose


I made the buttons one morning and used them later that afternoon. I used royal icing to adhere the buttons to the cake. I began by placing 2 large buttons for each colourway on to the cake, to create the wavy line the buttons follow, then filled in each colour from there. This was to ensure I had even graduation between the colours. This cake was displayed last year at the Go Bake Cake expo in Auckland.

This style of cake looks just as stunning with other shapes such as butterflies or flowers instead of buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...