Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentines chocolate box heart cake


What's better than a box of chocolates for Valentines day? A chocolate box cake of course. This cake was very quick and simple to make. I baked a heart shaped chocolate mud cake.


I coated it in pink buttercream, then covered with a layer of hot pink Satin Ice fondant. To form the sides of the box I used a ribbon cutter. I cut a strip of red Satin Ice fondant to which I added some tylose (to harden). Then a box of chocolates was arranged on the top of the cake. You can use store bought or make your own chocolates or truffles.


To fill in the little gaps between the chocolates I used strings of gum paste pearls, which can be easily formed with the help of a bead maker. A scrumptious decadent treat for Valentines day in under 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...