Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Taste update

Today I have taste tested (several times I might add) the lower two tiers from the Kiwicakes 4th birthday competition cake. Tier no#2 chocolate banana COUNT THOSE LAYERS OF FILLING! boy oh boy was that a yummy surprise.
My favourite from today had to be the gluten free lemon - I can see the rind there in the cake and it had a light lemony after taste. This was a new recipe for Fiona, she wasn't raving about it after she had baked it. However what Fiona couldn't have known was this cake tasted just like a light pound cake I had in a little deli in New York on my honeymoon, gosh more than 10 years ago now. And the after taste - with me as I type now, because I just scoffed some more, is deliciously light & lemony.

Well I guess that is it for another year. April 2011 will see the 5th birthday competition - can't wait to see what that brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...