Tuesday, December 15, 2009

On the 15th day of Christmas - paua cookies

On the 15th day of Christmas my true love gave to me........... Paua shell cookies



I have a dear friend named Joy, every Christmas we make sure we give her a Christmas gift with "joy" in it. It might be a Christmas card, a "Joy" brooch, a box full of "Joy" cookies (or all three). Each year I think it will be hard to out-do last years attempt - but each year, so far, I have managed to find just the right thing, in the nick of time.




These cookies sure were fun to make, I baked an almond sugar cookie, then using edible paua icing sheet I used the Kiwi cookie cutter and placed it down on the sheet of icing. Using a sharp knife, I ran around gently and marked the icing using a sharp knife. I then cut out the shape with scissors. I adhered it to the cookie, with a thin layer of piping gel, you can also use corn syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...